Monday, March 31, 2014

Lenten Photo Challenge Day 23 - Blind

Today's word is blind - how do I find a photograph to show blind? I chose this one because it is hard to see what it is supposed to be. It is not clear what the subject is.


 Do you go through life in a fog - unable to see God at work in your life? In John 9:39  "Jesus said, 'For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind.'" Blindness does not only refer to a person's sight. So often we may have good vision, but do not see what is right in front of our faces. The Bible is referring to this kind of blindness in our lives. Do we see God's work in our lives or are we blind to the miracles around us? Are we looking at our lives like the picture above - we see something, but have no idea what it actually is?

I know a person who is legally blind, but only in his vision. In his daily life, he is able to "see" God's love surrounding him in everything that he does. And so often he sees more than I can! I pray that each of us looks for the daily miracles in our lives and do not turn a blind eye to God's wonders.

1 comment: