Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lenten Photo Challenge Day 6 - Darkness



I am sure many things come to mind when one hears the word "darkness". Things can hide in the dark, people may be afraid of the dark and often there is confusion in the dark. The first thing I thought of  was "I can't see". I simply stop because it takes some time for my eyes to adjust, if they ever do.

I took this picture one morning while trying to capture the sunrise. I can't figure out what this was supposed to be! The picture is too dark with no real focus point. The next picture I took, however, the sun was dispelling the darkness as daybreak arrived.

The word "darkness" can be found in the Bible many places. It is God's will that all people should come out of the darkness, whether confusion, fright or evil. John 12:46 says "I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness." Jesus is the answer to whatever darkness has come into our lives. By giving up our concerns and worries, He will lead us through the dark into His light.

Yesterday my father had serious surgery and today the darkness has passed. He did fine and now is in next recovery phase, thanks to God's power with the medical staff who helped him. We are all thankful to God's comfort surrounding my mother at this time as well. He provides the hugs that I cannot deliver in person.


No comments:

Post a Comment