Friday, March 28, 2014

Lenten Photo Challenge Day 21 - Doubt

March, 2014 - many friends in our area are "doubting" that spring will ever come this year! It is March 25, five days after the official start of spring and this is what we saw in yard!

We have doubt in so many areas of our lives, whether about the weather, in personal relationships, or in God's love. In Mark 11:23 Jesus says, "Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him."

My first inclination is to say "Really?!" Could anyone really believe something like this can really happen? This shows my doubt in God's power already! While I believe in the Bible, my human nature simply cannot fathom how I could throw a mountain into the sea.

I have experienced many blessings from God and truly believe that He hears my prayers. He has worked miracles that others said could never happen. We say God can do anything, but do we really believe it? If we could get beyond our doubting natures, what fantastic, wonderful "unbelievable" blessings we would experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment