Thursday, April 24, 2014

Lenten Photo Challenge Day 37, 38, 39, 40 -What happened?

I feel like I need to explain the past week for anyone who was following my Lenten Photo Challenge - I did not make it to the end.
**Wednesday, Day 37, I was preparing for my first cataract surgery the next day. Praise God that physicians have the knowledge to do operations like this. I am looking forward to greatly improved eyesight in the coming days.
**Thursday, Day 38, I had the surgery and found that it was best for me to take it easy and not try to use my eye too much. No Maunday Thursday service this year. We did remember that special meal that Jesus shared with his disciples and were glad to celebrate it on Easter morning at church.
**Friday, Day 39, I had a checkup with the doctor and my reading vision was not as he expected it to be. I will wait for time and continued healing. Distance was excellent though. I did make it to the Good Friday Tennebrae service at church that night.
**Saturday, Day 40, we went to see all our kids and grandchildren at the Cardinals/Nationals baseball game in Washington, DC. It was so good to see everyone having a good time and the Cardinals won!

I think the Bible verse I had chosen for Day 40 may tie up these final thoughts and is for the word relent:
  "For their sake he remembered his covenant, and relented according to the abundance of his steadfast love."  Psalm 106:45

How comforting it is that even though I was not able to complete the challenge I tried this Lenten season, God relents and forgives us. How comforting is the abundance of his steadfast love, which never wavers or forgets us.






No comments:

Post a Comment