Monday, April 7, 2014

Lenten Photo Challenge Day 29 - Glory


Glory - very great praise, honor or distinction. This is one of those words which seems to be reserved for our triune God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. If a person does something great, I would honor or share the triumph, but I don't think I would ever glorify that person.

In I Chronicles 16:8-10
     Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name;
        make known his deeds among the peoples!
     Sing to him, sing praises to him;
        tell of all his wondreous works!
     Glory in his holy name;
        let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice!

May I remember to always give God the glory for all He has done, is doing and will do in the future. All that we have comes from Him. I try to begin my prayers with praise and glory just as we are taught in the Lord's Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13)

*Praise - this begins with glory to God, praising Him for all that is in my life through His blessings
*Petition - this is where I ask for God's help in my life, confessing how I have done wrong as well as requesting help physically, emotionally and in relationships with others
*Intercession - this is when I ask God to help others - those whom I am adding to my prayers
*Thanksgiving - this is giving thanks to God for all that he has done and will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment