Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lenten Photo Challenge Day 28 - Trust

When I saw that today's word was trust, this is what came to mind first. The United States of America has the words "In God We Trust" printed on its coins. As we handle money these words are shared from person to person. Now I know most people probably do not ever look at the coins they share, but the words are there. Do we really have trust in God? Do we allow Him to do His will?

Proverbs 3:5 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding."As humans we want to know and understand everything. If something does not make sense, it must be wrong. This verse reinforces the fact that we do not have to understand everything. If we put our trust in God, He will take care of our concern.

I have eye surgery scheduled in April and I certainly do not know all that will be involved. I have talked with the doctor, I have scheduled with the surgery center, I have read the handouts provided and I have spend time on the computer reading about the procedure. However, I still do not understand exactly what will take place.

It is imperative that I do not rely on my own understanding or I would not have the surgery. I must trust God's will that he will guide my doctor and those assisting him. I will be in God's care during surgery just as I am every minute of every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment