Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lenten Photo Challenge Day 3 - Return


Returns at Christmas time, "Return to Me" song, return library books when due, return home after a trip - return is when something or someone comes back after being gone. Items go back to a store, the song asks for a lost love to come back, books go back to the library and we go back home. 

For us, the St. Louis area will always be home, although we have lived in Virgina for almost 30 years. We go back to visit family and friends yearly. Then when we leave St. Louis, we are "returning home" to Virginia!

 I attended a women's retreat recently that had the theme "Return to Me", focusing on Lamentations 3:40 - "Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the LORD." We realized that God does not change - we do. When I feel apart from God, it is not because He is ignoring me. I have turned away from Him. He patiently waits for me to RETURN to Him. I pray that I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment