Friday, August 1, 2014

July quilting


With all the traveling we did in July, I did not spend much time at the sewing machine. One advancement I made was in machine quilting. For the first time I am finishing a quilt with machine quilting instead of hand quilting! I will show the picture when I finish the border which IS being hand quilted. 
     I plan to have it done for my August UFO entry, since I made the quilt top many years ago. I realized that if it was going to be done this year, I needed to start learning how to machine quilt. I am not really satisfied with how it turned out, but it was a good top to practice on. I hope the next top will be easier to work on - and I remember what I learned on this one.

This small quilt was made for the grandson of my college roommate. It is my "go to" pattern now when I need something completed quickly - like before the one year old boy turns ten!! I think I counted 12 made so far.
It is another "quilt as you go" by Debbie Mumm, from her book - Debbie Mumm's Project Kids, c1999, revised 2001. ISBN:  0-9707811-4-8  I checked and there are copies available on Amazon from $0.01 and up!! 

I was able to send this one to 52 Quilts and the monthly UFO projects, although technically it was not a UFO. 

I need to write one more post to share my newest toy and another reason I am behind on my quilting. I also got the new Cricut Explore machine this month. I had it sitting in the box for three days before I had enough time to even take it out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment