Sooo, thinking smartly (or so I thought) I went to the scanner and made a new copy of the pattern. Went upstairs, made the 4th block and - it did not match the first 3 squares!! So I went to the computer, printed another copy of the original scans I had done, made the square and ....still did not fit! Then I did the only thing I could - threw it on the floor and started completely over.
I looked at the other two blocks that were completed and realized they were 1/2 inch different in size! Time to REALLY start over. I got the pattern book, chose 12 block patterns and spent the rest of the afternoon scanning and printing for a new quilt.
Added to the sewing frustrations were some unexpected health situations that will need to be addressed in the upcoming months and I am ready for September.